May 23, 2011

Good Book of the Week: Bill and Pete

by Tomi de Paola, Putnam and Grosset, 1978
Meet William Everett Crocodile, who spells his name "Bill". Meet Pete, Bill's best bird friend and trusty "toothbrush". Together, they foil a crocodile-hunting Bad Guy, making life safer along the River Nile in his wonderfully funny tale of two memorable friends. Suggested for grades K-2.

I love Bill and Pete!  It has a fun and simple message about friendship and being yourself and cute illustrations.

This book is special to me because I specifically remember Mrs. Prachyl, my elementary school librarian reading, it to my class in 2nd grade.  Every time I see this title it makes me think about my time in the library as a child, and makes me wonder what my students will remember about me someday. We'll see...


Look for it in the E picture book section at call number E DEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts with Thumbnails